Saturday, December 30, 2006

London, Paris, Prague

I am on a long break, writing this quick update in London (facing the Thames River as I am writing this). Have been here for a couple of days, including a 3 day trip to Paris. It is sort of like a dream come true, being able to visit Europe, especially Paris and in a few days, Prague. Paris is a lovely (as the British put it) city. I just love the street scenes; the omnipresent cafes, people always greeting/chit-chatting with each other, and the rich historical buildings. For you dessert/pastry lovers out there, you've got to check out Paul if you have not already. My encounter with Leornado da Vinci's Mona Lisa at Louvre Museum was nothing less than exceptional. I don't know how to put it, I guess she sorts of talks back to you when you look at this brilliant (also, as the British put it) work of Leornado da Vinci. Speaking of Leornado da Vinci, I was also fortunate enough to see this excellent exhibition of Leornado da Vinci in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Will start posting images from this trip as soon a I get back my films from the lab (which will be after I get back to Japan). Cheers, and Happy New Year to all!!! And, beat the Wolverines!!! <-- USC will be playing the University of Michigan Wolverines in the Rose bowl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, it's wonderful you got a chance to take this holiday..fill us in next time ^^
best wishes for a great 2007..

Anonymous said...

Wah... Nice nice... My dream is to visit those places too before I leave this world. ;)

Waiting for yr wonderful pics after u return. Happy New Year!