Sunday, October 02, 2005

Hiking on the first day of October

Woke up at 10:30 and decided to go hiking/photo taking in a place called Okutama of Tokyo.

12:00 Depart from my train station (Gotanda)
14:15 Arrived at Okutama train station
Started to walk to the waterfalls

According to the map that I was given at an information center, it would take approx 90 min to walk from the train station to the first waterfall. As I was also taking pictures on the way to the waterfalls, it took longer than expected.

16:45 Arrived at the first waterfall

Took some pictures and tried to proceed to the next fall. Unfortunately, as it would also take me 90 min to walk back to the train station, and it was going to turn dark pretty soon, I saved my own ass by making the decision not to proceed and headed back. It would have been a disaster if I had proceeded as it would be pitch dark in the forest. A couple of good river/waterfall shots kind of made me felt satisfied and happy enough to go home :) Anyway, I will be going to the same place again when fall foliage really kicks in in November.

17:00 Started to head back to Okutama train station
18:15 Arrived at Okutama train station
20:15 Arrived at Gotanda train station

It was a nice trip all in all, except that I should have had a proper lunch before entering the forest...and it was a shame that I could not see all the waterfalls due to the lack of time.

Enjoy the pics folks!

And beat the Sundevils!!!
(USC is playing Arizona State University Sundevils this weekend)

No comments: