Sunday, November 14, 2004

Weekend again

I think my sleeping problem is getting better since I was able to wake up before 9 on a Saturday morning. In fact, I have been waking up before 8 for the past 2 days. It's drizzling outside but today is also our homecoming day. "Homecoming day" is the day of the semester when alumni come back to school to have a gathering, sort of. And it's also on a football Saturday so that people can have tailgate parties with their family/old friends, then go to the football game. As USC is famous for our Trojan family spirit, it's always super crowded on campus on homecoming day.

Yesterday's loudspeaker design class was fun. We were measuring the performance of our alpha box (a test box made out of cardboard that resembles the final speaker box) in class. I saw a lot of interesting designs including a pyramid-shaped speaker, a balloon-like speaker, and some others. By the way, my design is a simple rectangular bookshelf type speaker. The only things left to do to complete the design are to design the crossover (an electronic circuit for the speaker) and to build my real box out of wood.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: